Twitter currently has 100 million users a month, half of which log on every day and 55% of which log onto Twitter on a mobile device. Twitter is currently seeing 5 billion Tweets every 5 days.
1. Since January of 2011, this number is up 82% and their active users are growing faster this year than last.
2. Twitter is on track to add as many active users in the next 4 months than they added in 2006, ’07, ’08 and ’09 combined, 26 million.
3. Twitter.com has more than 400 million monthly unique visitors, according to Google Analytics. That number is up from 250 million in Jan, ’11.
4. “40% of Twitter’s monthly active users do not tweet, ”
Twitter defines active users as “people who have logged in during the last 30 days via Twitter’s own apps or any third-party apps.
5. 55% of Twitter’s active users are active on mobile., which is an increase of 40% quarter over quarter.
6. Twitter is also getting 400 million unique visitors a month total,
7. Twitter also shared with us some of the more interesting stats about those 100M active users:
8. Every team in the NFL is on Twitter and more than 50% of NFL players
9. 82% of the US Congress and 85% of US Senators
10. 87% of the Billboard Top 100 Musicians of 2010
11. 93% of Food Network chefs
12. 100% of the top 50 Nielsen-rated TV shows